We went some place different than the normal list of restaurants, a little further from home. We drove on a road I hadn't been on for quite a while. I noticed several things...
- A hand-lettered sign on a telephone pole, advertising for a "BRAISTA" at one of the corner coffee places
- A larger home-grown sign over the door of a business in one of those little industrial strip-mall places that said "I am Da Boss". I'd love to find out what sort of business it is.
- A bumper sticker in the back window of a car that said: "Keep Portland WEIRD".
- On the door of the restaurant (actually a soup-and-salad place) were their hours: "Sunday-Thursday -- 11 a.m to 9 p.m; Friday-Saturday -- 11 a.m to 9 p.m."
After lunch we went over to Michael's Crafts to pick up some things for my cross-stitching. Like always, though, within 10 minutes of looking at stuff, I was starting to get dizzy and weak. We paid for the things that I had picked up and headed out to the parking lot. By the time we got to the car my vision was beginning to get cloudy. Jim unlocked the door and when I was able to sit down I was a lot better. Within ten minutes I felt fine.
Back at home, I fell asleep on the couch for a couple of hours while Jim watched college football and then worked on my cross stitch stuff for a while. Oh, the excitement of our lives!

3 comments:
It sounds like a perfectly wonderful day. Well, except for the dizzy part.
Sounds great to me, too!! Drama's been rearig it's head entirely too much of late. I want my life to be quiet for a change.
Thanks to both of you!
Actually, the quiet of it is fine. It was the dizzy part that I didn't like. I would have loved to have been able to stay poking around at the craft store a bit longer and maybe even popped over to PetCo in the same shopping center.
I guess I gotta take it as it comes, though.
Post a Comment