16 January 2009

Love is ....

... the little stuff.

Jim likes to have cookies, but he buys cheap ones because he inhales them so quickly that he can't really appreciate anything fancy. (He still does the grocery shopping because I can't manage to walk around that long.) He likes chocolate. I don't. He gets the cheap sandwich cookies that are a mixture of chocolate and vanilla. There are three rows of cookies in the package, sometimes with more chocolate and sometimes with more vanilla. He goes out of his way to get packages with two rows of vanilla and one of chocolate.

Last night I noticed that he wasn't having any cookies when he normally does and I figured he just ate them all. I was just in the kitchen and was going to clean out the crumbs from the cookie jar. There are three vanilla cookies left in the jar. He left them for me.

Ah, true love!!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Awe...

Now that's true love. Reminds me of the times when Steph gets one of those Hungry Man fried chicken frozen dinners and always saves the brownie for me. :)

JPDeni said...

Yep. :-) I never can understand things I see on tv where couples seem to want to compete with each other or gloat over the other's mishaps and failures. I know that tv isn't real life, but there must be some people like that if they have them on tv. I always wonder why people would bother to be with someone that they didn't love enough to respect and do those little things for.