Steph wrote a post about her experience with Super Bowls and I started to write a comment to it. Then I realized that what I had to say was too long for a comment, so I'm writing my own post.
When Jim and I were first married, he liked football a lot. I don't. Not even a little bit. I remember a Super Bowl just a few weeks after our first anniversary. I wanted to be in the room with Jim, but I could ignore the television just fine while reading. I had a Dean Koontz book -- Darkfire, IIRC -- that I was near the end of. It was a very engrossing, exciting part of the novel, with the lead characters being chased through the streets of New York by demons. I didn't even know there was a television on. Until, of course, Jim hollered "Did you see that pass?!? Wow!" So I stopped reading, looked up to watch the replay and agreed that it was a very nifty pass. Then I went back a couple of pages to get back into the story. About the time I got to the same sentence again, he hollered that I needed to once again watch what had just happened.
This went on and on until I finally realized that I would never find out of the characters escaped from the demons if I stayed there, so I went to read in the bathtub. ("I ... crawled off to sleep in the bath.")
Jim hasn't watched football at all for a number of years, though. I'm not sure why he lost interest. We also used to watch basketball, but not any more.
The up side of Super Bowl Sunday is that it's a great time to go to the grocery store. And if you're not worried about O.D.-ing on cuteness, you can turn on Animal Planet and watch The Puppy Bowl. (Halftime has kittens.)
1 year ago

1 comment:
Puppy Bowl! I love Puppy Bowl!
"I sat by the fire, isn't it good..."
WV for this comment: gratitoud.
"I felt greatly gratitoud for their magnarmimous perception."
Post a Comment